I Am Going To Post Like My Daughter Does

I am overflowing with blessings.
December is ushered in with the vague memory that last year Fred was just coming home from Presbyterian, unable to walk or care for himself. We wheel-chaired him into our bedroom with hospital bed awaiting and hunkered down for the weeks it would take to recover from his 5-place pelvic break. My mom says that he experienced the breaks "...like a pruning, he was cut back but he came back stronger." Yup, today he is offroading at least once a month and sometimes two or three!

On the home front, Jessica will be turning 23 next week. She has had a full semester and two of her classes have afforded her a creative outlet: art and singing. When I saw the charcoals that she is doing I was rewarded that the artistic gene from the Latapie side lively expresses itself. Last night we went to her class recital. I didn't know what she would sing. Her number was sandwiched evenly by classmates before and after.
I recalled this type of recital from years gone by. Parents eager to hear their own children are unawaredly roped into hearing ALL of the participants. There were only about 13, and it was no sacrifice since I was moved to tears, at Jessica's song.
It was called, "Like My Mother Does"

People always say I have a laugh
Like my mother does
Guess that makes sense
She taught me how to smile when things get rough


I've got her spirit
And she's always got my back
When I look at her,
I think I wanna be just like that!

When I love, I give it all I got!
Like my mother does
When I'm scared, I bow my head and pray!
Like my mother does
When I feel weak, and un-pretty!
I know I'm beautiful and strong!
Because, I see my self
Like my mother does

I never met a stranger,
I can talk to anyone
Like my mother does
I let my temper fly
But she can walk away, when she's had enough

She sees everybody, for who they really are
I'm so thankful for her guidance,
She's helped me get this far


When I love, I give it all I got!
Like my mother does
And when I'm scared, I bow my head and pray!
Like my mother does
When I feel weak, and un-pretty!
I know I'm beautiful and strong!
Because, I see myself,
Like my mother does!

She's a rock!
She is grace!
She's an angel!
She's...
My heart and soul!
She does it all!

When I love! I give it all I got!
Like my mother does
And when I'm scared! I bow my head and pray!
Like my mother does
When I feel weak, and un-pretty!
I know I'm beautiful and strong!
Because, I see myself,
Like my mother does!

I hear people saying... I'm starting to look
Like my mother does...



As she came back to her seat I asked her, " And do you cry like your mother does?" We embraced and there came over me a wave of thankfulness to God. Times have been bumpy in the past with Jess and us.
but God is the Great Physician.
He heals broken bones.
He heals broken relationships.
May we be willing to be pruned in all areas that we may come back the stronger.

Comments

ShackelMom said…
Wow! What an amazing blessing! And I am blessed because of yuo and because of Jess! Thank you, Lord!
Kristin Chacon said…
That's amazing - the scripture that comes to mind is Ephesians 3:20:

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think..."

Praising the Lord for His ways, He alone can do things infinitely better than we might ask or think! What an awesome God. Thankful that He gave you both such a precious together, and praying that He would grow you closer all the more as we await His return.

xoxoxoxo
becca said…
Now I am crying...! Love you both!
Jonboy said…
I knew I'd tear up with this...this could be Mina at 23...singing to Grace...Bless you Jess for spreading the honor all around.
Ed said…
Way to go, Jess! Your mom deserved that tribute and it was beautifully done!
Wilson Family said…
Beautiful! "Her children will arise and call her blessed..."
Make me cry. I didn't know she did this in front of her whole class. Wow! And you were there? You must have been bawling.
Grandma Seelye said…
What a Christmas gift! I cried too!God is so good!
Robin said…
That was just beautiful! Did Jessica write it? The memory of being there to hear her sing that song will bless you for the rest of your life! Thanks for sharing it.
Anonymous said…
Mina, What a treasure this beautiful Jess is! I have always loved her spirit and spark! She is a blessing!

Popular posts from this blog

Hell's Revenge ATV accident